Thursday 25 July 2013

Best interview tips for engineers to crack a job successfully

Hello mechanical engineers, it’s my pleasure to write some best interview tips for you on mechneer.com. About me, I’m a mechanical engineering student as well as an employee of Cords Cable Pvt Ltd. You can know more about me here. As I said earlier, I’m about to share some best interview tips for engineers to crack a job in industry successfully. These tips are basically the secrets which help me to crack 5 out or 5 interviews till now easily.

I got many congratulation wishes and comments of engineers who were were asking me to share my best interview tips & secrets of this small success. First of all thank you to all for your warm wishes. They are very valuable for me. So, seeing you interest I’m going to unveil my secrets or can say some ‘best interview tips’ which helped me a lot in every interview. I’m sure that you also will be benefited by implementing these best interview tips. So, let me start them one by one. But keep in mind that these best interview tips are only compliments to add to your preparation.

I keep my documents arranged perfectly in advance:

It may not look a point that should be added to best interview tips initially but actually it is. I always keep my documents arranged in a proper way in advance, because I don’t want to take burden of their arrangement to my mind on the day of interview. It may be looking a simple task now, but I always see many candidates being busy and confused about how to arrange them smartly on the same day. It may bring mind in confusion state which can affect your performance during interview. So I always take care of this as:
  • I keep my documents arranged perfectly in advance
  • Before the day of interview, I remove all documents/certificates which are irrelevant to job.
  • Then I put them in a order they should be. (It’s very important)
I Updated CV according to job, most important among all best interview tips:

This is most important one in best interview tips and everyone should be aware of its important but do you think why I added this in my secret list? Answer is so simple that everyone knows it but most candidates never follow it. Specially, fresher commit this mistake generally. They know the importance of CV or resume and may have an impressive one also. They only don’t take care of its required update. They just keep using same CV for all job opportunities and may get rejection.  I gave very much importance to design, presentation of it and also kept updating it according to the job. Some points I strictly followed:
  1. I prepared an outstanding CV than other candidates, which highlights all special skills & achievements.
  2. I collected all information about the features/skills required for job I’m going to be interviewed and updated my CV according to that every time. This took me ahead than others by adding a plus point in me of meeting their requirements.
  3. I never added any point about which I didn’t know enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment